Thursday, July 5, 2012

Wednesday the 4th of July what a beautiful morning. We started our day in Sheridan,Wy and were heading for Gillette Wy. a mere  112 mile ride. I spent the first 30 miles looking at cattle ranches and rolling hills. Then the landscape went from green to brown and the hills got steeper. We rode into an area that has been plagued by wildfires and although we did not see and burning we saw and tasted lots of smoke. I had hoped to pass through some small towns celebrating the 4th but we only went through two towns. One had a population of 115 the other was an artists colony that boasted 25 residents. At least it was not as hot as  yesterday was with a temp of 92. What else can I say. 112 miles is a long ride and I celebrated the 4th of July 2012 by riding my bike through this beautiful country. I hope that your Holiday was as good as mine was.

No comments:

Post a Comment