Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thursday 6/28/2012 we awoke to a temp of 32 degrees. There was ice on everything including my tent and my bike seat. We did have blue skies and no wind so it was a good start. The first 11 miles of the day were all uphill with the last 4 miles being pretty steep. Then we crossed the Continental Divide 6352 ft and had a screaming 10 mile down hill. The rest of the day( luckily it was only a 60 mile day) was some steep rolling hills and a 15 mph wind in our face the rest of the way. It was a gring but we arrived in Townsend, Montana and are camping at the local high school. The prettiest part of the trip is probably behind me. I don't know how it can get prettier than Idaho and western Montana. This truly is a great experience  and I am enjoying every moment whether I have a tail wind or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment