Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tuesday July 10th we ride from Pierre SD to Miller SD. As we left Pierre we had a semi steep mile and a half climb out of town. Then for the first time we had 70 miles of FLAT ground. There were one or two slight undulations but I can't even call them rolling hills, it was glouriously FLAT. Of course no day would be complete without a head wind so we were blessed with a 15 mph wind just to negate the flat ground. Today for the first time, Sharon a rider from Chicago, had some family living in the area so they brought us food and lemonade for our lunch stop, a very nice treat indeed. We are now in Miller SD population 725 staying in the local high school. Schools are our favorite place to stay because the showers in the gyms are good and there are lots of electrical outlets to charge our toys and of course the internet. Tomorrow Wednesday July 11th is a very big day, we cross the half way point in both days and miles. This adventure is going very fast.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, I found your blog through the Big Ride site. I am enjoying hearing about your trip. My family and I will be hosting a rest stop for you and the other riders on July 17th. I look forward to meeting you then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rick! You are awesome!! You inspire me each time I read your blogs! Thank goodness for electrical outlets, as I would miss catching up on your daily journey! It is hard to believe that you are crossing the half way point tomorrow! Wow! Enjoy the accomplishment!
    You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Gooooo Rick!!!! Gooooo Giants!!!
    Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rick, today is Thursday and I am glad that your 80 miles was cooler today. I enjoyed reading and looking at the pictures of Laura Ingles House posted by your fellow riders. I was a big fan of Little House. Glad you will be getting a day off soon.

    Take care,
    George

    ReplyDelete