Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday July 22nd was a 88 mile ride from Coal City IL to Valpariso Indiana. It was a mostly flat ride through some beautiful small towns and country areas with small family farms. It definately got warmer and more humid as the day went on . My bike ran amazingly well today. I actually stayed up with a group of riders instead of riding by myself all day. It was a strange feeling being part of a group instead of chasing them all day. We are down to less than two weeks left on The Big Ride. It is hard to believe that I have been out here riding my bike 90 to 100 miles a day and seeing this beautiful country of our at 15 mph. When I get back to a real life I will tell you lots of stories about things that I have seen and done but NOTHING will convey what I have experienced. This is on of those thing that you have to experience yourself to fully understand. If you ever get the chance to live your dreams DO IT!!!

1 comment:

  1. Rick, I am glad that your bike is running well again. It must have been frustrating for you, as you road in the van looking for a bike shop. Giants lost today and Dodgers won. Giants are now 1 1/2 games in first place. glad you got to meet up with your friend from high school.

    Be safe,
    George

    ReplyDelete