Thursday, July 5, 2012

Monday July 2 2012 Was a very easy day. We left Billings Mt and rode 57 miles to Hardin Mt. It was flat, no wind and a very quick ride. We stayed at a KOA campground where we went swimming and had a great meal. It was by far the easiest day of the Big Ride. There was one important lesson I did learn that day. At the campground they had several very old and rusty bicycles as decorations around the place. The bike I ride is not a sleek shiny road bike like all the other bikes on the ride. Someone made the comment that I should look for spare parts on the old rusty bikes. I made the mistake of agreeing that maybe I should just trade my bike for one of the older ones. As soon as I said that the rear tire on my bike exploded loud enough for all to hear. There was nobody within 10 feet of my bike. I guess the saying about a women scorned applies to bikes as well. LESSON LEARNED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment