Saturday, July 14, 2012

Friday July 13th I can describe in one word  YIPPEE!!!!! Our 87 mile ride from Tyler to New Ulm MN. was aided by our first tail wind in two weeks. Its amazing how nice corn,wheat, hay and cows look when you are traveling at 20mph instead of 12mph. We flew the 87 miles in less than six hours and arrived in New Ulm an actual city of 13000. We are staying at  Martin Luther College which is a   Seminary so we have to behave. We have a well deserved day off on Saturday so I will explore the town, do my laundry and rest up for my next week of adventure.

2 comments:

  1. Rick, I am glad you had a day off and got a haircut (your a brave man). The Giants moved back into 1st. by a half game. Giants won in the 12th inning and Dodgers blew their lead in the 9th inning. I am sorry to read on some of the blogs, about the humidity. Keep drinking lots of water! I hope the wind will be at your back tomorrow.

    George

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rick,
    Great to see that you are doing well on the ride but I do wish you some tailwinds in the future.....

    Congrats on passing the half way mark, not to many people can say they have ridden a bike halfway across the US!!!!

    Kathy and I are following you all the way!!!!!
    Take Care,
    Gene & Kathy

    ReplyDelete